DRAW FOR CLUB DOUBLES
The draw for the above was made yesterday and the following is a complete list of the draw.
1. Paddy Bardon & Clive Byrne – v – 2. John Browne & Garry Middleton.
3. Liam Buckley & Mark Foran – v – 4. Kevin Farrell & Kevin Flanagan.
5. Anne Kelly & Watty Kenny – v - 6. Ena Clinton & Michael Buckley.
7. Kathleen Bray & Martin Carroll - v - 8. Liz Bloem & Michael Flynn.
9. Moira Nugent & Leo Ryan – v - 10. Darren Reilly & Stuart Tarleton.
11. Larry McGinn & Michael Heffernan – v - 12. Steven Ruane & Mary Carroll.
13. Tommy Archbold & M. Middleton -v- 14 Willie Ayres & Des Carter.
15. George Carolan & John Flanagan – v - 16. Martin Carter & Mark Scally.
All first round matches MUST be played on or before Monday 20th May which is 4 weeks.
PADDY BARDON SHIELD.
The third round of matches were played on Saturday last and now we know the line up for the Semi finals which will take place on Weds. 1st May at 6 p.m.
John Brownes Team will face Liz Bloem’s team and Martin Carter’s Team will play Michael Buckley’s team. They should prove very interesting pairings.
Next weekend is one of the biggest in our club as it is Presidents weekend. Our President this year is Michael Flynn who is a great clubman. Play will commence on Fri 26th April at 2 p.m. and will continue all day Saturday until last card on Sunday 28th at 5 p.m. Members can play as many rounds as they wish. Entry fee is €3 per round. This is always a wonderful weekend for the club and I am sure this one will be no exception.
Our monthly meeting will be on Monday 29th April at 7. 30 p.m.
We send the sympathies of the club to Betty & James Beirne on the death of James father last week. May he rest in peace.
Ena Clinton, PRO.