DRAW FOR GAVIGAN CUP.
(1) Watty Kenny – v - Peter Dolan.
(2) John McDonald -v- Kevin Flanagan.
(3) Martin Carter – v - Des Carter.
(4) Kevin Farrell – v - Liam Buckley
(5) Paddy Browne – v - Stuart Tarleton.
(6) Michael Flynn – v - Liz Bloem.
(7) Paddy Bardon - v - Clive Byrne.
(8) Charlie Nolan – v - Michael Scally.
(9) George Carolan – v - Steven Ruane.
(10) Tom Archbold – v - Michael Buckley.
(11) Darren Reilly – v - Michael Heffernan.
(12) Rene Bloem – v - Alan Hanlon.
(13) Mark Foran – v - Larry McGinn.
(14) Maurice Middleton -v- Mark Ayres.
(15) Willie Ayres – v - Leo Ryan.
(16) John Browne – v - Gary Middleton.
ALL the above matches MUST be played on or before Thursday 20th JUNE 2013.
CLUB STROKEPLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS.
The above competition which is graded takes place in our club on Saturday next the 8th June commencing at 10 am -last round at 1. 30 pm. We hope all our members will turn up for this very important competition.
SCRATCH CUP 2013.
Next weekend will be a very busy one for our club as on Sunday the 9th, we hold our Scratch Cup. I suppose this competition could be described as the Flagship for our club. Play commences on Sunday morning at 8 am with Last Card at 2 pm. Holder is Derek Courtney from the Glenville Club. There will be prizes in the 3 grades for the Gents with 1 grade in the ladies. Entry fee is €10. Again we hope for a fine weekend weather-wise and that we will have a very successful Scratch Cup.
COUNTY BOARD STROKEPLAY CHAMPIONSHIPS.
The above Championships took place in the Athlone club of Custume on Sunday the 26th May. The course was in great condition thanks to all who worked on the course to have it in such good nick. We had some success with our own Liz Bloem regaining her hold on the Ladies Grade 1 section after her absence last year. In the Ladies Grade 2 Section Ena Clinton was R/Up (on the break of a tie from Veronica Clarke from the Kilbeggan Club) and in the Gents Senior Grade Liam Buckley was R/Up. Well done to all. We had a large representation at the Championships.
PLAYER OF THE YEAR.
Week 3 of the above competition continues on Weds next the 5th at 6. 30 pm. The winners of Week 1 were: Gents Section 1 – John Browne, Section 2 - Stuart Tarleton. Ladies winner was Anne Kelly. There were 23 players that night which was great. Week 2 winners were: Section 1 – Michael Buckley, Section 2 - Stuart Tarleton and the Ladies winner was Anne Kelly. There were 22 players last week which again was a great turnout. The course was in good condition thanks to our Groundsmen Colm & Sean and to Martin who mowed the Fairways.
The second round of the above competition MUST be played on or before Monday 17th. June. There will be NO exceptions.
Ena Clinton, PRO.